Adam King, Senior Manager - Executive Talent at Amazon Japan, talks about why it’s critical for leaders to be the bridge between their people, the importance of embracing vulnerability in leadership and how to actively listen in a noisy world.
Why vulnerability is the key to strong leadership.
Adam King is a Senior Manager at Amazon Japan looking after Executive Development across the Operations business worldwide. Arriving in Japan 21 years ago Adam fell into a career within the People, Performance and Culture space and never left.
Over the years Adam has drawn on three key elements of trust, acceptance and vulnerability to create strong connections and build a thriving career within Japan.
In this episode Adam and Craig unpack vulnerability and why it’s so important for strong leadership.
In this Humanity Works podcast Episode Adam and Craig chat about:
- How Adam came to build a career and life in Japan.
- ️The common thread that he’s found throughout his working life.
- Why it’s critical for leaders to be the bridge between their people and how they can achieve that.
- ️The importance of embracing vulnerability in leadership.
- ️How to actively listen in a noisy world.
A Life on Our Planet by David Attenborough