Peter discusses his ‘Profit For Purpose’ business model, the influence Mable is having on government policies surrounding aged care and disability support, and he shares his perspective on gig-economy based models of working.
Mable is having a huge impact in Australia, revolutionising aged care and disability support. The company was co-founded by Peter Scutt, who came up with the idea when he struggled to find the right home-care solution for his own aging parents.
Peter is a strong believer in the shift from welfare to empowerment for the elderly and those living with a disability. The Mable platform allows support workers and individuals who need support to come together and negotiate a level of care and support that works for both parties.
In this episode, Peter discusses his ‘Profit For Purpose’ business model, the influence Mable is having on government policies surrounding aged care and disability support, and he shares his perspective on gig-economy based models of working.
Listen to this episode now to discover:
- Great ideas are often born from everyday problems, hear how Peter’s own family struggles led to the creation of his company Mable
- Broken systems: How we can uncover better solutions to complex problems by creating an entirely new model
- How Mable is attracting some of the best talent from around the world through their organisation purpose and impact
- Discover how Peter has doubled the Mable platform year after year since its inception (and why he can’t see growth slowing down anytime soon)
- Profit For Purpose: What does it mean exactly and why is it so important?
- Why having a core purpose in your organisation is critical for success
- Demanding change: Peter unpacks the policy reforms brought about by people living with disability who want more agency and inclusivity
- The Gig Economy: Peter brings a new perspective and shares what Mable is doing to ensure improved outcomes for everybody who engages with their platform
- How Mable is providing a pathway and empowering service providers to become small business owners
- Plus so much more!
Mable - Disability and Aged Care Support
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Aged Care Inquiry Report 2011
Disability Care and Support 2011
Explore Sprouta’s Activation Pack full of free tools and resources to help you drive impact.