How to create a culture of safety that drives performance and innovation.
Cherry Ward is a Senior HR leader for Thiess the world’s largest mining services provider.
As the People and Capability Manager, Cherry looks after 8,000 people in their Asia operations - a huge job that she does with a strong and unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In this wide-ranging conversation, Craig and Cherry talk about why psychological and physical safety go hand in hand as well as the importance of second chances.
In Episode 4 of Sprouta's Humanity Works Podcast Cherry and Craig chat about:
- Cherry’s journey from migrating to Australia as an 8 year old to becoming a senior HR leader looking after 8,000 employees across Asia.
- The importance of recognising creativity in everything we do and how we foster and leverage it.
- The work Cherry is doing within her organisation to shift culture and mindsets.
- The key learnings from Cherry’s many years of working across diversity and inclusion.
- Australia’s Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Strategies for creating safe environments both physically and psychologically.
- How to bring creativity and innovation in to our work.
- The importance of second chances.
- Kartini Day - https://australiaindonesia.com/culture/understanding-kartini/
- The Turrbal People Traditional Owners and Custodians of Brisbane - https://www.turrbal.com.au/
- Acknowledgement of Country - https://www.commonground.org.au/learn/acknowledgement-of-country
- Reconciliation Action Plan - https://www.reconciliation.org.au/reconciliation-action-plans/
- Stolen Generation Reparations - https://www.aboriginalaffairs.nsw.gov.au/healing-and-reparations/stolen-generations/
- The Uluru Statement from the Heart (Uluru Statement) represents a historic consensus of Indigenous leaders in seeking constitutional change to recognise First Australians through a Voice to Parliament - https://fromtheheart.com.au/
- World Creativity and Innovation Week April 15 - 21 - https://wciw.org/
- Australia's National Science Agency - CSIRO - https://www.csiro.au/
- Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. - George Bernard Shaw
- Book Recommendation - Die Empty: Unleash your Best Work Everyday Todd Henry
- Brene Brown, Unlocking Us Podcast
- Simon Sinek, A Bit of Optimism
- Culture First with Damon Klotz
- Jenny Blake Pivot Podcast and Free Time
- The Accidental Creative with Todd Henry