Higher pay, better job security and lower barriers to entry - does such a sector exist? To answer this question, we asked Kate Pounder. Kate is the CEO of Tech Council Australia, the peak body for Australia’s Tech Sector.
Tech Council Australia has made it their mission to have 1 million people in Tech jobs by 2025, with a view that the Tech Industry will contribute 250 billion dollars to the Australian economy by 2030.
In this episode of Humanity Works, Kate discusses how she approaches leadership when multiple stakeholders are involved, what makes Australian Tech so unique and exciting, and the initiatives Tech Council Australia has developed to address diversity in the industry.
Listen to this episode now to discover:
- How Kate went from living in a small rural town that had no technology to becoming CEO of Tech Council Australia
- How Kate’s background and upbringing built her confidence to take on big challenges in her career (and the big lessons she took from her parents)
- Changing a 10-year career overnight: What Kate did next when she suddenly found herself without a job (and why it turned out to be a great thing)
- Kate unpacks what it’s like to be CEO of rapidly growing organisation, Tech Council Australia
- Answering the biggest questions facing society - the work that drives Kate’s passion to create an impact with Tech Council
- Big picture thinking: Why it’s essential to communicate the bigger vision when uniting multiple stakeholders on a solution
- Discover why Kate believes Australia will become the best place to found and scale a company (and how the Tech industry will help)
- Learn about the exciting new initiatives Tech Council Australia are working on to address the issue of diversity in the sector
- Plus so much more!
- Tech Council of Australia - Launch Promise
- Safety Culture
- Employment Hero
- Go 1
- Academy XI
- Open Learning
Explore Sprouta’s Activation Pack full of free tools and resources to help you drive impact.